1Password is going through a growth spurt and our Android team is growing with it. We're a tight-knit team of developers and we’re looking for another teammate to help us take 1Password to the next level. Whether you’re fresh out of university or already have one or two notches on your Android belt, you might just be the one we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
- Implement new features and enhance existing ones.
- Squash bugs that managed to evade the rest of the team’s watchful eyes.
- Work with 1Password users to figure out why the app is crashing for them, but not for you.
- Refactor older code to follow more modern design patterns.
- Create unit tests for existing code to run faster and more reliably.
- Write documentation so that all of our platforms are consistent and the support team can learn about all of the awesome things you’ve built.
- Connect directly with 1Password customers to learn how they use the features we build and where the experience could be better.
What you have
- Admiration for team effort. Solo ninjas, Jedis, and Rockstars need not apply: We work together. Okay maybe Jedis, just for this one.
- A close bond and experience with Java and the Android SDK.
- A passion for using Android in your daily life. You're not just visiting, you live here. You also know your way around macOS and can appreciate Windows and iOS – from a distance 😉
- Excitement for the unknown and humility to learn – we're agile, so new things are always around the bend waiting to be discovered.
What you might also have
- Personal experience with 1Password.
- Familiarity with setting up and maintaining continuous integration.
- A friendship with Kotlin, and practice making it part of an Android app.
- Chrome OS running on one of your devices, and experience building apps for it.
Sounding like an ideal day for you? Let’s talk. 💬This position has been filled.
Check out our current job openings
Work remotely, from anywhere, flexibly. You could be in a sweet home office, then a café for part of the day, and even in your camper on a caldera – so long as there's a reliable Internet connection. We've got folks in over 30 cities, from New Zealand to Germany to our office in Toronto.
Benefits to help you be your best
- Flexible scheduling
- Healthy away from the keyboard allowance
- An annual retreat
- Tech allowance
- Competitive salary
- Flexible time away