1Password is the easiest and safest way to share passwords, credit cards, and anything else that’s too important to email.
1Password helps your family practice smart online security by generating strong, unique passwords for all your online accounts.
1Password remembers everything for you, keeps it safe, and automatically signs you into your favorite sites with a single click.
Decide who you share your information with and what they can do with it. Give your loved ones the tools to stay safe online without taking away their independence.
Keeping it personal
Not everything needs to be shared with the whole family. Personal vaults let everyone keep their own private passwords and documents, all managed under a single subscription.
With 1Password Families, you get…
Protection for the whole familyFive people can join in and have individual accounts on your single subscription. They don't even have to belong to the same household.
Use on all your devices — for freeDon’t stress about licenses — install 1Password on as many computers and devices as your family owns.
Loved and used by millions.
Some frequently asked questions about 1Password Families
- Is there a free trial available?Yes, you can try out 1Password Families for free for one month. At the end of the month, you will be asked to enter your credit card information. All features are unlocked and available for you to experience during your trial.
- What happens if my subscription lapses?You will never be locked out of your account or your data. If your subscription ends, you will still be able to access, view and export all your data. You just won’t be able to add new items or edit them.
- What if I have more than five people in my family?That's not a problem at all. You can invite as many family members as you need for an additional $1 per person / month.
- Do I need to buy the apps separately?No. All our apps and upgrades are included with your subscription. You can download the apps from our site and sign right in to your account. No need for licenses!
- What platforms are supported?1Password Families works with the latest version of the 1Password (Requires macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later and Windows 7 or newer). The mobile apps support iOS 12 and Android 5.0 or newer. You can also access all your information on 1Password.com, which works in modern web browsers. See our System requirements.
- Can I use 1Password Families with my business or organization?No. 1Password Families is for personal use only. 1Password Teams is our service for companies and organizations of any size. You can learn more on our Teams page.
Keep your family safe with 1Password today
Join millions already using the family password manager that’s ideal for your whole household.Try FREE for 30 Days